Job Type: Ministerial
Reports To: Caregiver Supervisor
Position Description: This hourly, benefited position requires consistent, prompt, and reliable support for all administrative duties to assure smooth daily operations. The Administrative Assistant is the primary contact for all volunteers and actions involving volunteers, including coordination with staff, communications, onboarding, scheduling, and other duties related to volunteer coordination. Capable of performing all Med-Caregiver duties and be ready to fill in when necessary. These various duties are expected to be performed while maintaining the values of Catholic Social Teachings.
As a ministerial representative of CCEOK, it is expected that both professional and social behavior be aligned with the ethical and moral standards of the Catholic Church.
• Pray daily for the needs of the poor, guests, families, staff and volunteers; opportunities include personal prayer, daily mass, and/or adoration
• Assist in ensuring all work shifts for Caregivers are adequately staffed. Coordinate and communicate with Caregivers and staffing agencies as necessary
• Support all work scheduling practices and online scheduling system
• Support practices to have appropriate household, office, and clinical supplies and goods for smooth daily operations
• Act as a liaison with all contractors, vendors and other third parties to support the ongoing maintenance and operations of all equipment and services to maintain smooth daily operations
• Be prepared to perform Medication Caregiver duties when necessary
• Participate in on-call coverage as an On-Call Coordinator. Rotate with other On-Call Coordinators to support weekend and after normal business hours staffing needs
• Primary contact as volunteer coordinator to oversee all volunteers and actions involving volunteers. This includes recruitment, onboarding, training, scheduling, and ongoing support for all volunteers
• Perform other relevant administrative and Caregiver duties as requested/required
• Past work experience in managing small business or similar operational experience
• Ability to collaborate with other team members or work independently as needed
• Able to cope with family emotional stress and tolerant of individual lifestyles
• Has excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to problem solve, work in stressful environment, respond positively to change, self-motivator
• Proficient in using business systems
• Willingness to learn how to articulate Catholic teaching with a commitment to its application in the job function
• Commitment to the mission of Porta Caeli House
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and or crouch.
• Could be exposed to blood, body tissues and fluids, airborne contaminants, as well as other hazardous waste materials
• Could be required to lift and/or move up to 250 pounds, using proper body mechanics.